The Drone Trainer Podcast 005 – Ryan Murphy
Welcome to the fifth episode of The Drone Trainer Podcast! I can’t believe this has grown from a small idea, into 5 episodes and a few hundred listeners already! Thanks for the support everyone! Anyway, in this episode, we’re going to hear from Ryan Murphy, a commercial drone operator from Arizona, as he discusses the various marketing techniques he’s both failed and succeeded with! Also, if you haven’t done so already, now would be a great time to subscribe to the show!
If you’re looking for tips on how to market your drone business to realtors, this is your episode! Ryan talks about how he failed miserably at his first attempt at getting their attention, but then succeeded massively once he turned to social media! Yeah, that first attempt at contacting realtors about his drone services resulted in only 1 or 2 jobs out of 4000 emails! Don’t be like Ryan at the start, be like Ryan now and succeed!
We also discuss tools such as Pix4D, Hangar 360, Drone Deploy, and one of Ryan’s personal favourites right now, AirMap! If you’re not familiar with AirMap, be sure to check them out as they offer up instantaneous LAANC approvals!
Check our Daniel’s work and follow him on social media!
- Instagram: rpmdrones
- Twitter: rpmdrones
- Facebook: rpmdrones
- His real estate photography buddy: Andy Klein
Here are links to everything mentioned in this episode
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Fly the drone that we do!
- Hangar 360 – Create 360 degree panos with ease
- Drone Deploy – Cloud based photogrammetry software
- Pix4D – Photogrammetry software
- Sketchfab – Display your 3D models online
- AirMap – Instantaneous LAANC authorizations via AirMap
- Square – Credit card processing online, or out in the field with your phone/tablet
Thanks for listening!
To share your thoughts on this episode or the show in general:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question via the contact page.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Please help us out!
All we ask is for you to leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help the show to be discovered by others, bring on more guests, and the best part is that we read each and every one. Ok, one more ask, be sure to subscribe on iTunes so that you don’t miss any episodes! Thanks again for listening, and talk to you next week!